Thursday, February 19, 2009

Correction on Nicklas Bendtner "Rant"


In a conscious effort to maintain as much objectivity as possible, it has come to my attention that Mr. Bendtner deserves to be heard correctly. The English media was up to no good this time around. Nicklas explains:
"None of it was said like that. Basically, I did a long interview for the Danish press recently, they asked me a lot of questions and the press over here have taken my answers and twisted them out of proportion."
Here's the cherry on top:
"If I feel the need to say something to my team-mates to explain it then I will do, but they know I am right behind the team and wouldn't say things like that."
My question is: How did his interview get as distorted as it did?
My brother so lovingly called me to talk to me about the ordeal. He's an avid reader of Arsenal blogs and news sources and he said that Nicklas said that he did not play in the European Championships. Well, duh. We all know about Denmark's absence from the tournament. I have found this situation intriguing. We have just witnessed how skewed news and information can be. It just goes to tell, check things twice, or three times to make sure what you have read. Especially if what you're reading is provided by the following: The Sun, Daily Mail, News of the World, The Telegraph, or any British news publication. 
There is still reason for Arsenal fans to raise their eyebrows at the young Dane. Gael Clichy revealed in an online web chat that Nicklas came to practice wearing Ugg boots...yes, that's right, those bulky boots your girlfriend wears when you go shopping during winter vacation - Nicklas sported them. Then again, heaven only knows what I would wear out if I were on the Arsenal first team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment